There are many strategies you can apply to increase sales, but one of the simplest and most effective is to get glow in the dark testimonials that prospective clients can read. Testimonials establish you as an expert; they say you deliver what you promised and that you get great results. And if someone is on the fence as to whether or not to hire you or purchase your product, testimonials can actually close the sale. Yet, most small business owners don’t have a system for regularly getting testimonials even when they’ve been in business for a while.
If you are making money it means you must have happy clients, which also means you have people who will willingly offer you a testimonial. Even if you are just starting out, you can offer your services for free or at a reduced rate to several people in exchange for guaranteed testimonials. This is a very common practice among business owners. They get some well respected colleagues to try out their products or services at little cost in return for an honest testimonial.
Here are 7 power testimonial tips:
1. Ask for testimonials when the client is most happy with your product or service. Determine in advance when that usually happens and make it a point to always ask then.
2. Make sure you have as much specific identifying information about the person who wrote the testimonial as possible. Ask for their photo, their full name, their city, their website address. If it’s a business they will be very happy to have you supply a free link back to their website. The more information you have, the more believable your testimonial is. Testimonials that are signed with just a first name and a city are pretty useless since they look like someone made them up, even if they are perfectly legitimate.
3. Have a formal system for asking. One of my favorites is to ask clients to fill out a short survey about my services and at the end ask if their answers may be used as a testimonial. You can also ask directly, or send your request by email.
4. Place testimonials on EVERY important web page on your website, not tucked away on a testimonials page that few people see.
5. Show your testimonials when meeting with a prospect
6. Use these same testimonials in printed marketing materials like pamphlets, ads and brochures.
7. Be strategic about the testimonials you request. e.g. if you are trying to sell a particular product get testimonials that state results people received from users of that specific product . Ask people who have purchased from you, product specific questions that relate to the specific benefits they received and the problems that your product solved.
Finally great testimonials will allow you to charge more for your services. When you have glowing testimonials from plenty of satisfied clients, other people who want those same results will be willing to pay top dollar to work with you or to purchase the product.
Put together a system for getting testimonials right now and look forward to increased sales and more optimum clients who need very little convincing to purchase from you.
7 Tips For Testimonials That Will Increase Your Sales News
2013-05-13Amazon Exclusive: Inside Inferno Explore the sights of Inferno alongside Robert Langdon in this exclusive first look at Dan Brown's latest thriller. As Langdon continued on toward the elbow of the square, he couldsee, directly ahead in the distance, the shimmering blue glass dial of the(read more)
2013-05-20An Amazon Best Book of the Month, May 2013: Khaled Hosseini?s And the Mountains Echoed begins simply enough, with a father recounting a folktale to his two young children. The tale is about a young boy who is taken by a div (a sort of ogre), and how that fate might not be as terrible as it first seems?a brilliant device that firmly sets the tone for the rest of this sweeping, heartbreaking, and ultimately uplifting novel. A day after he tells the tale of the
2003-05-26List Price: $15.00In 1922, F. Scott Fitzgerald announced his decision to write "something ... (read more)
2011-04-15List Price: $5.99From #1 New York Times Bestselling Author Barbara Freethy come an award winning tale of romance and suspense. Fans of Carla Neggars, Karen Robards, and Nora Roberts will enjoy this intricately suspenseful story that begins with the question -- what if you looked exactly like someone in a famous photograph?... (read more)
2013-04-22List Price: $5.99 From David Baldacci--#1 bestselling author and one of the world's most popular, widely read storytellers--comes the most thrilling novel of the year. THE HIT Will Robie is a master of killing. A highly skilled assassin, Robie is the man the U.S. government calls on to eliminate the worst of the worst-enemies of the state, monsters committed to harming untold numbers of innocent victims. No one (read more)
2013-05-09Just because your videos don't become viral sensations doesn't mean they won't help your business. Here's some tips to create the best video marketing content possible.